• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tail light guards

hotroddenal

NAXJA Forum User
I want a set of tail light guards for my 1993 Cherokee country, but I can not seem to find any made for that year. I have decided to make them. What should I use to make them. They need to be strong because they have to protect a set of $300.00 tail lights.

hotroddenal said:
I want a set of tail light guards for my 1993 Cherokee country, but I can not seem to find any made for that year. I have decided to make them. What should I use to make them. They need to be strong because they have to protect a set of $300.00 tail lights.
haha, why pay 300 bucks for lights? put it into something more useful, can we get a pic of these $300 lights by the way?

just out of curiousity, what do you need to protect them from? If trees and rocks, just swap in the stock lights when offroad, and put them back in for the mall. The only guards that are going to protect the taillights, are to completely replace the taillights with the numerous steel taillight boxes floating around, or rear armor that extends to protect part of the lights. If you are thinking about those Manik and Smittybuilt type tube guards, those are not going to protect anything, and could even cause more damage to other parts of the rear end if hit right.

So, what kind of guard are you looking for?

What about something like this?

100_0799.jpg

Pre_97_Gila_Guards_2.jpg

eeeew you got those fugly altezza honda ricer tail lights? :kissyou:

those that viperbaron posted x2. My friend has those and loves them.

hotroddenal said:

You need this...
picture.JPG

... ;)

dynamite44 said:
those altezza style lights are under a hundred bucks including shipping on ebay, brand new :-(

put the stock ones on it when you're off roading.

and keep them off while your on the road too :D

Jes... those socks are awsome... Can you mail me a pair? How much shipped to 01760?

helix said:
Jes... those socks are awsome... Can you mail me a pair? How much shipped to 01760?

They're not on the website yet but that's the URF tail light eliminator kit.
Please specify weather you have a manual or automatic transmission before ordering.

redneckjeeper94 said:
haha id also like to see a pic of these lights cant believe u paid 300 for them, the most i have seen them go for is 200 and i can find them for like 70 bucks on ebay

I bought them new from 4 Wheel Drive Hardware. I bought them because the old ones looked like sh*it. I got the Platinum Smoke, set. They auctually look pretty sharp on the jeep. No I am not a ricer, I built real hotrods and dragsters, before I got my Jeep. I also I kinda like the way the Taillight guards look too. Yes I do go offroad with my jeep. Did I answer anybody's questions.

Jes said:
They're not on the website yet but that's the URF tail light eliminator kit.
Please specify weather you have a manual or automatic transmission before ordering.
I'm still working on the joke (long day at work).
Nut Driver
Pair of Socks

Back