• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CJ dana 30 to XJ??

Harvo

NAXJA Forum User
I found one incomplete thread about this, so any info would help, or if those in the first thread would let me know how it turned out... it would be a great help.

Yes it's STILL a dana 30, but will CJ outer knuckles bolt on to XJ inner knuckles and allow you to run CJ outer stub axles and CJ type locking hubs? I think there is a difference in the size if the "C" of either the inner or outer... but if it's the outer, and you are using all CJ stuff from the knuckle out, does it matter?

Thanks

If you want to use the whole axle you'd have to get a passenger side drop t-case.

And no the outers will not bolt on to an XJ D-30. The CJ uses D_44 (I think) inner C's which I believe are smaller top to bottom compared to the later D-30's. You could knock them off and then put them back on an XJ D-30 and there's some that have done it.

Back