• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Installing full locker, need install kit?

summitlt

NAXJA Forum User
When I did gears on my D30, I bought the install kit and ill I ended up using was the pinion nut and the seal.

I am going to be installing a detroit in my D35, and was looking at the $50 install kit and wondering if I need it. I can live with a used pinion nut, I can get the seal locally cheap. Ill have enough shims between the two rearends I have to set it up. What else do I need? Crush collor/preload spacer?

summitlt said:
When I did gears on my D30, I bought the install kit and ill I ended up using was the pinion nut and the seal.

I am going to be installing a detroit in my D35, and was looking at the $50 install kit and wondering if I need it. I can live with a used pinion nut, I can get the seal locally cheap. Ill have enough shims between the two rearends I have to set it up. What else do I need? Crush collor/preload spacer?

You have already broken that 35 twice now. Once, backing out of your driveway and now you are going to put a detroit in it?

Back