• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Currie HD steering TRE size?

RWKHausSupply

NAXJA Forum User
Can someone tell me for cetain what the tread is for the pitman arm TRE thread that is at the adjuster? Currie (sorry) sales staff says 1-1/8" but online it shows 1-1/4" adjuster and then it also says "All 7/8"" tie rod ends...

Help.. If you have the Currie could ya throw a caliper on the thread and give me a true accurate answer please.....

PS...

Would the stock TRE's on the tie rod bold in to the currie HD drag link? If they use the same dia stud/pin in the TRE's then I would have to say it would?

The TREs are 7/8" fine thread.... and if you can find a stock TRE that has this thread you should be able to screw them in, but.... I believe that the TREs that Currie uses have a slight angular change in them to allow for better steering angles for lifted vehicles while flexing....
Installed the Currie HD steering about 4 years ago.... and have been quite pleased with its performance.

Charles

well they must have changed in the past yr? just had a friend go out and measure the end at the piman arm, the thread size was 1-1/8".

You are correct.... My apologies.....
I looked at the Tie Rod Ends, but missed the Pitman Arm TRE.....
Do you have the POLY grease cups or the older rubber cups for the TREs ?

Charles

Back