• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Are these bearings good?

GoliathJeeper said:
Rebuilding my jeep motor and Im trying to find quality but cheap parts to rebuild it with. How do these bearings look?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/258-...040086318QQcategoryZ33619QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Mahle are known for making excellent quality performance engine parts so quality isn't an issue here. Maddog Racing (he sells parts for Fast Engine Parts) is also an excellent seller with great customer service.
The problem is that the bearings advertised here are 10 thou undersize so they may not be suitable. Just go to http://www.fastengineparts.com and order the correct parts. Since you're rebuilding your engine, you can also invest in some ARP rod bolts (the ARP bolt part no. 112-6001 for the AMC 258 rods will also work on 4.0 rods since the big end sizes are the same).

Certain parts do not pay to skimp on, internal engine parts are one of those..do it once and do it right..
Just like I'd never skimp out on a fuel pump, water pump or slave cylinder, too much of a major PIA to replace even it it does have a lifetime warranty..

Thanks for the info. But as far as not buying a whole rebuild kit being cheaper. I beg to differ. The cheapest quality kit I could find was about $350. I pieced together my kit with name brand components and it only cost me around $220. There are low prices out there. Just takes a lot of time and patience to search.

AMC 4.0 95 Jeep - Re-ring kit
INCLUDES

Federal Mogul Rings

Federal Mogul Rod Brgs

Federal Mogul Main Brgs

Victor Gaskets
Make: AMC Jeep
Model: 4.0
Year: 95

Category: AMC
Manufacturer: Engine Kits
Model Number: Re-ring kit #0027A