• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Horn blows and shorts out the fan?!?

TiRod

NAXJA Forum User
Well, not exactly, but I need help. This is the second time - I fixed it somehow before . . .

Laying on the horn caused a Zrbrt noise in or below the dash - the horn didn't honk - and the next time I checked the temp gauge by golly the fan wasn't doing it's job. Popped the hood, tapped the relay and it zoomed on.

This has happened before. I changed the slip ring, turn signal switch, ignition switch, and horn relay, the fuse was good, and got a slightly better horn. I changed the fan relay, then the temp sender in the thermostat neck, it was bad, solved that problem.

Now today, no horn, no fan.

Stupid 'ol Jeep. :smsoap:

Its a '90, 4.0, AW-4, Laredo; I did the 3-core GDI open radiator conversion with a '92 water neck and spliced the wire leads to the old from the radiator.

Something tells me to clean the horn ground connection to eliminate that - the current could be taking the next easy path back to ground through who knows what.

Anything else?

Back