• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

aussie lockers

2offroad

NAXJA Forum User
has anybody used the aussie locker, better or worse than a lock-rite, also what type of "lunchbox" locker is "best"

from reading on PBB there is no tire size limitations onteh aussie lockers that lockrights and others have....here is a big wire up on em

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=159889&highlight=aussie+locker

The manufacturer has even responded in this thread

this is starting to suck and blow. every time i think that i have it solved i'll wrong. what locker fit in the 8.25 29 spline?

dunno, i got one on order for my 30, but its been backordered for what seems like forever. think i oredered it in april and i still ahven't seen it. word ont he strret that i hear is they had problems with the center pin (or was it the spring) being out of spec and had to get another supplier. its basically the same as a lockrite, but slightly improved. my guess is it will handle approx. the same a s alockrite. let u know when i get it in

starting the 2OFFROAD axle fund.
Front axle Currie 9" Hi pinion, 4.10 ARB, discs with 4 pot caliper.
Rear axle Currie 9" Hi pinion, 4.10 ARB, discs with 2 pot caliper.
please send all your extra money to me.
thanks in advance, i only need about $5k

2offroad, well at least you won't have to waste your money on tires if you buy those axles. That is if you wanna keep from breaking them in the rear.

I contemplated the aussie locker and it does appear to be at least the same strength if not better than the lockright. I need selectables though :( Now if only someone would make a selectable for 2 bills, I'd be set.

with my 8.25 29 spline the lockers are limited. i'm tring to see if lock rite or aussie are going to make them.

yes but the aussie locker is $200, lock rite $250/300, no slip $400.
i want cheap till everybody sends money for the axle fund.:D

last i heard, the aussie locker people were working on the 8.25, i'm wasiting to hear from him for when they are available. i will post when they are, at least that i hear.

got an Email from aussie most likely november.

No-slip is $365 @ RRO.

The only other auto-locker available now for the 29-spline 8.25 is the detroit.

hope it is better than my quickloc. by the way my D44 with 3:55's, the ring gear was too thick to remove the spider shaft. and the whole carrier had to be pulled out, and ring gear taken off. with the carrier caps removed use a pry bar in the center of the carrier and lever it out since it is under preload. as long as the shims aren't removed the backlash and gear pattern will be good. hope the aussie unit will not chirp the tires like mine does around every slow turn.

which is better than spinning and sliding back down the hill.

Back