• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Smog Check - Missing Hose or Cap?

IMORTL

NAXJA Member #1156
I took my 90 in for a Cali Smog check today. the guy said i would fail visual inspection because i was missing a vacuum hose.... I looked at the diagram:

langer1 said:
88vacnames.jpg

and i dont see anything that connect to it...

here is a pic of what he was talking about:

100_4372.jpg

what is supposed to connect to it? and where does it go?

thanks...

Ken

just looked at my '90 that is should go to a small vac canister behind the front bumper on the passanger side
then there is a small line that goes from the canister that goes back up and through the firewall probably for the heater controls
you could probably get away with capping it just to so you don't loose vac

i havent noticed it running hot lately. but it is winter....

Ill check the hose going to the canister... or at least where it went

Last edited:
It goes to the charcoal canister on the passenger side below the turtle.
If you look at your picture you see the fuel line by the arrow. the next line that looks like it is going down through the manafold is the hose that should be there.

Last edited:
langer1 said:
It goes to the charcoal canister on the passenger side below the turtle.
If you look at your picture you see the fuel line by the arrow. the next line that looks like it is going down through the manafold is the hose that should be there.

I believe that was it... and now my vent select switch now works... no more a/c thorugh the front defroster...

you guys are the best... thanks again...

Last edited:
Back