• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Opinoins on COOPER DISCOVERER A/T or S/T tires

MACH90XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking at these tires recomended by coworker.Whos ran these and how do they wear on highway use?

The sizes i'm looking into are:

A/T :p235/75/15 29" overall height
:p265/75/15 30.50" overall height

S/T :p235/75/15 29" overall height

I running stock rims so I think the p265's might be to big anyways?

A friend of mine just got the S/T Coopers on a 4x4 Suburban last month. His are the 16" can't remember the specifics but I think they are 265's. I know his have a heavier load rating than the same tire in a 15". I think his have an E and the 15's have a C.

He has already put a few thousand miles on them with know problems. They look great. I am going to get 235/75/15's for mine in either the ST or the STT (SST) (it's 1am cut me slack) the S/T's have a distinctive Y pattern tread the STT(SST) are even more aggressive. I am leaning towards the more aggressive.

Those A/Ts are great! I like their tread pattern. I sell 'em all day. I'd like to run them someday.

Stay away from the AST... the ST is a cool aggressive looking tire that I'd also like to try to run someday but probably won't.

FYI--- Cooper makes ProComp tires.

Cooper makes a great tire IMHO. I ran the STT's at the crawl with no problems at all. We run Coopers on all our big rigs and get a great $$$/ Mile return on them. Our shop foreman claims they outlast anything he has ever tried on the big rigs. The STT is an awsome tire IMHO and the ST is jsut less agressive from what I have been told.

I have Cooper ST's on my K1500, they're LT265/75R16's and I love 'em. They are wearing excellent, lotsa of highway miles too. The tread is great in the snow, rain, muddy fields and through the woods. A buddy of mine runs 285/75R16 STT's on his Ram and loves them too. I'm planning on putting 31's on my CJ if I have to buy new.

I'm having the same problem, i can get the cooper stt's for $108 installed or bfg a/t ko for $113.00 or GY MT's for $126.00

not a whole lot of diffrence in price, which would you get?

the s/t's are the best All terrain tire available IMHO!!

Very good on rocks, in mud and great on the street!

Ok well i have a bad taste in my mouth about the STT's. I bought a set of the stts. 235/75/15. took them out wheelin 2 days later. aired down to 20. got sidewall punctures in not just one but 2!!!:mad: :mad: :eek: not at all is it how i wanted to experince cooper tires. sent the one in to see if i could have pulled warrenty on it. 5 weeks ago. still have heard nothing about it:confused: soooo my vote is don't go for them. They only have 2ply poly sidewalls. not very thick if you ask me.:eek: 6ply total. 2,2 and 2. i am very unhappy with them. your choice but i do hope they work for you if you go that route.:soapbox:

FWIW... the coopers outperform the BFG AT all the time... my jeepin bud has the bfg at ko's and he hates them since being out with me and my cooper st's.

Just for clarifacation... he is asking about the s/t not the stt.

totally two diff. tires and from what I hear the STT is no longer in production... so what is out there is all that is left.

i know he talkin about a diff tire i just felt it was relavent for me to share my experince with cooper. thats all:rolleyes:

cherokeekid95 said:
. 235/75/15. took them out wheelin 2 days later. aired down to 20. got sidewall punctures in not just one but 2!!!:mad: :mad: :eek:

AGREED, I did the same thing to one of my STT 235's a couple years back. The smaller tires have relatively thin sidewalls. I have seen the 32's and 35's take some abuse though.

I heard they are real good in snow and mud but not sure about rainy street situation,in the northwest they have to stick to pavement somewhat well also.

Does anyone run the LT's on their XJ ? is the ride any harsher than regular P tires?The reason I ask is their website list more of a variety of sizes in the LT's than the P tires.Im trying to determine my max tire size with stock rims so I can lift the jeep to match.

I have a set of 12.5 x 33 STT's on the ole Dawg....size for size the best pulling tire aside from boggers I have used...

Back