• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4wheelparts store

Kejtar said:
bad idea... Try Clean RC, Dan Turner or rawbrown instead.

X2.... 4WP can be a good place to buy something if it is 40% or more off. They often hav decent tire deals. I would not pay them to install anything other than tires though. Contact the guys mentioned. 1st off, they all are fellow XK'ers, 2nd they are MEMBERS of NAXJA, and 3rd they will not charge you as much as 4WP. These guys probably know more about gears and XJ than the 4WP folks. The list goes on.......

BTW, you can buy your gears and install kits through the same guys, unless you already have them.

Good Luck!

4wheel parts are total tools. I would not trust them to install a shift knob on my jeep, let alone something as important as gears.

I do however by my tires from them. Go down there, sucker them down, low ball em, and then use one of the 10-20% discount coupons on top of their "best price"

mavrick said:
I assumed all this information i just wanted to be sure

Thanks

As Mei would say, 'THEY SUCK DONKEY BALLS'

CleanRC will do anything BUT an ARB (at least until he recovers from Grant and I) but he does great work and is an honest guy.

My vote is for RAWBROWN, Ive heard one too many horror stories about 4wheelparts and some of their work.

I'll tell ya what. Dan is a good guy and he knows how to do gears. I hear Clean does a good job also.
avoid 4wheelpartshores and most of the big name shops. I have seen crap come out of some pretty big name shops in both the LA and SD area.
bottom line is, us little guys prefer not to screw up a gear install because it can be devastating for business.

Rawbrown said:
bottom line is, us little guys prefer not to screw up a gear install because it can be devastating for business.

"The slow way is the fast way."

"Never confuse price with dollar value."

:lecture:

mavrick said:
I gave dan tuner an email becuase he's in yucciap (sp) and im just south in hemet.

Maverick, I never got an e-mail from you. I have a few projects going currently and wouldn't be able to get to you gears for a couple months. RawBrown is not much farther away (in the other direction) and will get you a perfect set up. He even likes doing gears, and has a system down to get them done much quicker than me, and is a stand up guy.

-Dan

Dan, you say that like its a bad thing...
"...he likes doing gears..." :laugh3:
Dan Turner said:
Maverick, I never got an e-mail from you. I have a few projects going currently and wouldn't be able to get to you gears for a couple months. RawBrown is not much farther away (in the other direction) and will get you a perfect set up. He even likes doing gears, and has a system down to get them done much quicker than me, and is a stand up guy.

-Dan

So Rawbrown where are you located? What is the turn around time? What do you charge for parts and labor? I'm planning on 4.56's... i run 33's.

Thanks

djblade311 said:
No offense but I wouldn't call T&J

I agree, I called them once, was not impressed with their lack of knowldge. Went in there once after I called and was even less impressed. WAAAAAY over priced and total dicks. They did not even have the part they told me they had on the phone.

For fun i asked them about some fab work for a cage....BIG MISTAKE.

Back