• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Snow Run

Bent

Only Marble Sharp
NAXJA Member
Opps. Ya missed it.

:laugh3:

Nevermind.

Gravity is still a fickle mistress. I thought I'd deal with the situation before things got out of hand. Sleeping in the rig in the snow is not cool. :rolleyes:
Snowdays2006025.jpg

At this point I had not yet realized that sideways was was the theme for the day.
DSC02279.jpg

After backing down this hill, completely sideways (trust me, it was a neat trick), did I understand that the day was all about sideways. :D
DSC02342.jpg

At least this time out the trail didn't disappear; it wasn't deep enough to swallow the XJ either, a definate plus.
DSC02350.jpg

Being the first one through an area after a snow fall always offers some great scenery:

Looking out to the desert,
DSC02351.jpg

Creek crossing just before Hwy. 178,
DSC02302.jpg

After the fire, just before sunset,
DSC02361.jpg

WFW WWU? :laugh3:

TIM
:wave:

Last edited:
Hey Bent,
Do you still have the oem flares from the rear of your XJ..,.also, what about the bumper corners for the rear?

I'm up for it. Problem being that my oldest son, Richard is getting married that same day. You met him and Cheryl at JV. He'd get over me not showing up, eventually. Cheryl, on the other hand would kick my butt and probably never forgive me. You know how women hang on to little things like that. :rolleyes:

How much of the white stuff was further up the hill? There was ~3" at the lower elevations, ~6-8" in some areas behind Arrowhead. Best part of all was...

...NO TRAIL DUST!!!!:party:

up behind the lake there was about 8 to 10 inches depending on where you stepped... down in Holcom creek there was about 4 to 6 inches...

well how about Sunday then? wouldn't want to piss off the daughter-in-law so quickly... better to wait a couple of weeks...

ken

Tim....snow wheeleing.......alone........again.

Long term loss of short term memory?

You should put lojack on that thing and give us the info. That way we could find you if need be.

Looks fun though.

Dan "the Buddy System" Turner

Dan Turner said:
Tim....snow wheeleing.......alone........again.

Long term loss of short term memory?

:D

IMORTL said:
well how about Sunday then? wouldn't want to piss off the daughter-in-law so quickly... better to wait a couple of weeks...

ken

That sounds good to me. What time ya want to meet at the Discovery Center?

TIM

Last edited:
Back