• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

vacuum disconnect d30

MoparManiac

NAXJA Forum User
91 4.0 aw4 np231

When I first got the jeep back in august, the 4x4 didn't work. It ended up being that the shift fork for the vacuum actuator had split in two so i replaced that and all was good until now. We had a recent snowstorm and my 4x4 was popping in and out (i could hear/feel it), along with the indicator light going on and off with it. Finally at my friends house, the axle was definately not engaging, but the light was still on, not going on and off anymore. Occasionally I can feel the axle engaging in the front when i use 4x4(I think), but it never stays locked in. Could this be a vacuum issue? I've never checked the canister out behind the bumper, but does anyone have a picture of what this thing looks like? I'm going to rip apart the actuator again this week and see if the fork broke again, but something must be causing this. Anyone else have any experience with this? Thanks in advance, this site has been a great help.

I locked mine in one day and it would not come out of part time. the vacume hose was broken. Also noticed gear oil coming from the port on the vac. dico. motor. spliced in new hose but going to be installing cable type shift lever. There is a tech artical I believe at Jeep Horizons that shows how to build your own. for around 20.00. I located some lawn mower throttle cables just under 10.00. with the shift lever and ACE hardwareTry this google search, (Front axle homade disconnect)

Back