• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Newbie/Stocker Run

IXNAYXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I would like to start the dialogue about a possible trail run out to Tahuya State Forest (near Bremerton) for Newbies or people who have stock-ish rigs. Not all of us have XJs with 12-inches of lift, Rockwells, 5.88 gears and 44" tires that some of the group has. There are also those who don't have an ingrained super-human, super-natural gift for off-road driving that some of the group does.

Hopefully there is a place for all of us in the NWC. It is in this spitit that I would like to propose the idea of a (as the title implies) a Newbie/Stocker run so that the old pro's can share wisdom, or at least driving tips, with us mere-mortals. It could also serve as a Meet and Greet, seeing as we have a slew of new members. I think a group of between 8 and 15 rigs would be perfect. Weekends are obviously a must, as most of us have Monday through Friday sentences at the Salt Mine. Sundays are better for a some (you know who you are...and so do we!). Lets make it happen!

So there. Discuss.

-----Matt-----

Could we try to get this closer to the middle of the state. Like Liberty, so us on the east side can partake.

opracer315 said:
Could we try to get this closer to the middle of the state. Like Liberty, so us on the east side can partake.

No. Nobody cares about you.

Actually, I think it would be fun to see some stuff on the other side of the mountains. As far as I'm concerned, the location is totally open...I was just suggesting Tahuya because I know where it is and there are a bunch of newbies who live near there. I'm open to anything, though.

-----Matt-----

well i replied to the other thread without looking at this one. Im just north of tahuya and go down almost once a week so count me in. we have a few weekend overnighters planned if the weather holds out. between my buddies we usually get about 4 or 5 trucks each time so its fun.

I think thats a good idea to go to Tahuya or anywhere as a matter of fact. Im in, any weekend works for me. How about sometime in March? Also lets try to go when the weather is nice if possible. As for most stockers, we have very few recovery points, so lets not go where the mud overrules everything else. Don't know about everyone else, but mud is my least favorite by far.

I don't really care where we all go, as long as it is fun and somewhat close by.

you can count me in if my job permits, sounds like fun

I've only been to Tahuya twice, one time when a bunch of the trails were closed, and the other time my motor mount bolts sheared off, ending the day early. Who has good knowlege of the trails, and/or who would be interesting in leading the group or at least advising on a good route?

Too often these ideas wither out and die if nothing is done about them, so I'd like to get moving on this. What does everybody think about Sunday, March 5th? Too soon? There's a snow run planned Saturday, March 11...is this too close for everybody? Discuss....

-----Matt-----

I am real close and know tahuya fairly well. If you put a run together I would be happy to help/show some of you guys around. Of course my rig is not stock, but it would be usefull if any recoveries are needed.

IXNAYXJ said:
That would be great. What dates work best for you?

-----Matt-----
At this point I am pretty flexable, as far as weekends are concerned. I try really hard to not schedule work on weekends. So it is really what works best for you guys. J

The 5th of March sounds great. Im in for Tahuya. Just set a time we all can meet up for breakfast or something. Im thinkin around 7:00 am or is that too late? Or skip breakfast and just head on over there? Whatever works for me.

XJjeepLess said:
The 5th of March sounds great. Im in for Tahuya. Just set a time we all can meet up for breakfast or something. Im thinkin around 7:00 am or is that too late? Or skip breakfast and just head on over there? Whatever works for me.
I like it...except for the time. Let's push it back juuust a little bit, in case people need to drive long distances. How about breakfast at 0800 and on the trails right around 0900? That should give us a decent start to the day, and allow for those not living next to Tahuya to make it ;)

-----Matt-----

IXNAYXJ said:
I like it...except for the time. Let's push it back juuust a little bit, in case people need to drive long distances. How about breakfast at 0800 and on the trails right around 0900? That should give us a decent start to the day, and allow for those not living next to Tahuya to make it ;)

-----Matt-----

Oh whaaaaaaaat-ever...sleepyhead. :D

I'm coming from Kent and I'd meet up in Belfair for breakfast at 0600 if anybody wanted. :D:D:D

FOr that matter, let's have an early and a later run. I'm down for 6am breakfast with the military folks if they wanna do it.

Hey guys... I'm still interested, but I have no idea where Tahuya is. FYI, I'll be near Shoreline/Mountlake Terrace. How long would my drive be to get there?

I start my new job on 3/6, but I still think I'll be down for wheelin' 3/5 if it's not too far of a drive for me.

DR

norcal420 said:
Hey guys... I'm still interested, but I have no idea where Tahuya is. FYI, I'll be near Shoreline/Mountlake Terrace. How long would my drive be to get there?

I start my new job on 3/6, but I still think I'll be down for wheelin' 3/5 if it's not too far of a drive for me.

DR
Depends on how fast you drive! About 1.5hrs to Bremerton. It is still about 20 minutes or so to the staging area from bremerton.

Back