• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

jack@$$

TheBlueSub

NAXJA Forum User
jack@$$(please help...)

so i wanted to test my jeeps stock capabilitys
jump the gun
(NO TOW HOOKS)who decided that in the jeep headquarters??

i drove into a hole (accident)
damage:

flooded interior(carpet, pleather seats)
off seat bead
right front fender/flare, and air dam twisted
light assembely

it is to dark to see anything else......

what should i do in the morning ??

what should i do now??

Last edited:
Don't start it. Pull the plugs and turn it over to blow water out of the cylinders. Look for threads about waterproofing and dunking Jeeps to get some ideas for further plans.

ok sorry but the water was only to the seat and the front was up in the air....the rear was under water to the window and the front axle was resting on a rut i was scared to death....still freezing from the water

pop the diff covers, make sure you didn't suck any water through a submerged vent tube.
Get under there and wash all that mud off.
Grease everything with a zerk fitting.
You're lucky in the fact that it was the rear of the jeep. Mostly you just need to go through everything and dry it out. I would pull the carpet out in the cargo area, but I don't know how hard that is, as I don't have a cargo area.

everything in the jeep is soaked i am terrified to even face it tommorw.....my school work....clothes(jacket,shirts,shoes,boots)...tool box....3"lift....what should i do before work tommorw....

Last edited:
The phone is probably toast, but the SIM card may be OK.

Yucca-Man said:
Look for threads about waterproofing and dunking Jeeps to get some ideas for further plans.

ok i searched and al i found was what people did to prevent water damage not to fix it or what they did after it happened to clean up the mess

thanks tho

and thank all of ya'll that have help through this horrible disaster i proudly call my jeep

I flooded my interior on the Rubicon last June. Just popped the drain plugs to get all the water out. The carpet dried up just fine. The only casualty was my XM receiver, which was under the drivers seat. But that eventually dried out and works fine now. But definitely DO check your diffs.

I took my daily driver out one weekend just for kicks. Sank to just below the middle of the doors. Took it home, dried it out, changed fluids.
Change the fluids, grease what you can. If you suspect anything, either upgrade it or replace it. Any chance of you getting any water in the fuel tank?

Fabreeze and DampRid and so far so good. Just turned over 230,000 miles on it and still going strong.

chris

langer1 said:
Watch out for Gators.

funny thing is i was dragging a rope(thick barge rope)through a loop and it sounded like a gator mating call.....

but i have been shop vacin this thing and i will be soaking it in frebreeze.....

ok so i am doing my fluids on sunday and i wanna know what ya'll use in yer xj's what's the best buy and what just doesn't work??

Leave the carpet out and get some roll on bed liner and have at it :) That way in the future you wont have to worry about the carpet.

Funny he forgot about the rear speakers :)

Don't sweet the interior man, just let it dry out with all the doors open so no water stays or you might get some nasty smelly mold. And do what everyone else said about he differential and all the zerk fittings(grease points)

The carpet has to come out if you want it to dry. I did the inside of mine in Durabak(just like Rhino) cost $135 for 1 gallon versus $800 for Rhino to be sprayed!!!, sunk it several times since then, just bailed/vacced the water out, no worries! As far as heat, just fab you some heat shields out of sheet aluminum to go between the cat/muffler and the floorpan, they help alot.

Last edited:
Back