• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Low fuel pressure

Elfwizard1975

NAXJA Forum User
Will a 91XJ 4.0 still start if I use carb cleaner or starting fluid down the throttle body with low fuel pressure? I have been working on this thing for a week!! Seems to turn over a little slow, NEW battery NEW starter, plugs,wires,cap, rotor, battery cables. IM LOST I would change the fuel pump and FPR but I cant even get it to start with starting fluid. I have GOOD SPARK. I should have bought that Toyota 4runner!!!

Elfwizard1975 said:
Will a 91XJ 4.0 still start if I use carb cleaner or starting fluid down the throttle body with low fuel pressure? I have been working on this thing for a week!! Seems to turn over a little slow, NEW battery NEW starter, plugs,wires,cap, rotor, battery cables. IM LOST I would change the fuel pump and FPR but I cant even get it to start with starting fluid. I have GOOD SPARK. I should have bought that Toyota 4runner!!!

You didn't mention anything bout the filter.....may or may not be the cause...I always hope for the cheap stuff but,it don't always work that way

Ditto on teh previous two responses. Change the fuel filter and then take a pressure reading. You can buy a tester for about $30.00 or you can talk a small shop into doing it for about half. With the pressure test you can tell if it is the fuel pump or fuel pump regulator; should not be the later I think.

Back