• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wiring harness HELP PLEASE

Ok so the harness in my XJ caught fire and melted due to some cheap fuse's that melted and started a fire insted of braking. Any way Im in the search mode to find a harness and get my XJ back on the road. I found one for super cheap that came out of a 2 door with none power windows and locks. Mine is a 4 door with power everything. Are the harness's the same and I just plug my locks and windows into the new harness or will it not work at all?

Thanks for any and all help.

Blackbeast said:
Ok so the harness in my XJ caught fire and melted due to some cheap fuse's that melted and started a fire insted of braking. Any way Im in the search mode to find a harness and get my XJ back on the road. I found one for super cheap that came out of a 2 door with none power windows and locks. Mine is a 4 door with power everything. Are the harness's the same and I just plug my locks and windows into the new harness or will it not work at all?

Thanks for any and all help.
Uhh I see two problems, the two door and the power. They are not the same, no.

I have a two-door with no power options ('92). I have lots of unused ends/outlets/plugs in my harness. I don't want to get "SPOBI'd" but I think you'll be OK.

The wire harnesses for the 2dr and 4dr are the same as long as they both have p/w and p/l. If you have a 2dr. you just dont use the plugs for the rear doors. The harness runs all the way to the back for any options in the lift gate (speakers, wiper, defrost and p/l . The plugs changed in different model years, I think in 91 then in 97 after that I am unsure. Good luck.

Back