• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

LCA and Leaf Spring Bolts

Thayer

NAXJA Member #1255
A few months ago, I went to the dealer to get new bolts for the LCA and leaf spring. They told me they were all the same and gave me more leaf spring bolts for the LCA. That made sense at the time because they look really similar. I finally change out the LCA bolts today and I noticed that they're a bit different...

The LCA bolt is on the left and the leaf spring bolt is on the right. The left is slightly shorter and class 10.9 while the right is longer and class 9.8. Can somebody go see what kind of bolts they have for their LCA? Did they down grade the bolt or something for later models?

bolt1.jpg

bolt2.jpg

I don't know about the class, but my LCA bolts look like the one on the left. I think the nipple on the leaf spring bolt is for easier starting into the weld nut. JIM.

That makes sense. I'm just slightly concerned about having weaker bolts up front, the class 9.8 being weaker than a grade 8 bolt, but at least it's better than a grade 5. The person at the parts counter showed me the exploded diagrams of the LCA and leaf springs before looking up the bolts, so she seemed like she knew what she was doing. Can someone with a 98+ XJ look for me?

Back