• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SocalXJ 7th Jambo!

Rawbrown

NAXJA Forum User
SocalXJ 7th annual Jamboree.
March 17-18-19 Johnson Valley
Info will be up on the site www.socalxj.com
Since its a national Drinking Holiday (St. P's day) we are going to have a homebrew (beer) contest with prizes along with a Chili cookoff with a prize to the best chili and best homebrew. For more info shoot me a PM or email me [email protected] or call me 760-505-9924 or ask somebody in the chapter or over at socalxj@yahoo groups.
There is also going to be a Raffle with some pretty good prizes.
Will also have all those shirts and hats and stuff available.
for contest rules, contact me. basically bring enough homebrew for many to enjoy. like at least a gallon.

David Taylor said:
What trails are on the run list ?
What do you care? your going out with a bunch of motor cycles...

David Taylor said:
What trails are on the run list ?

I would like to propose a run up to Big Bear (Saturday ONLY!)for those who are not built for JV or wish for something different. I will gladly lead the run. Trails will be determined by number of interests and build of vehicle. We can have a couple of meeting spots - one group can leave base camp and meet others in Big Bear at the Discovery Center. We can do the runs, then head back to base camp for dinner, raffle, drinks, and hanging out.

Anyone interested?

gcurtis said:
Hey Robert, I used to live in BB part time and have a pretty cool run up the backside that is fun, a challenge and we can hit an old mining camp that is pretty cool...

That sounds cool. What trail is it? We have to make sure the new Prez and other folks are OK with this idea.

I enjoyed my 1st trip to JV, but I did not get to wheel much at all. I am not ready to run the trails in JV, maybe next year. My Jeep stayed parked 95% of the time in JV. It was very cool seeing guys run the big stuff (Wrecking Ball), but I wanted to wheel. That is why I brought up the idea of running BB.

Part of it is on Rattlesnake (old lower and orig upper). The mining camp is on Burns and then we could run Pontiac Sluice or something. Easy stuff, for the most part, for open and 31's... however, no stockers on the run.

If there is time, we could then take everyone to John Bull and back down.

Three trails in one day with an early start.

JV would certainly be an experience but with 31's, 4.5" and the front open it doesnt sound like a very fun day unless I just sat around and drank beer. Unless someone ID's some trails worth running in JV with less that totally hard core rig I would be all over running up to Big Bear.

John

couple of guys are going to go up and prerun some easy stuff. Yes there is apparantly easy stuff up in JV but I have been to anxious to get onto the hardcore trails. So maybe some of the JV vets can help us out.
I am looking for trail leaders so help me out.
we allready have pleanty of volunteers to help judge the homebrew and chili contest...

rpraterxj said:
We have to make sure the new Prez and other folks are OK with this idea.

What new prez ;)

This is a SoCalXJ event :laugh3:

sintax said:
What new prez ;)

This is a SoCalXJ event :laugh3:

heck, I don't know which way is up. in this case, Who is up for Big Bear on the same day, then meeting up at base camp in JV? I am not trying to get anyone away from JV. If you have never been I recommend going to watch and maybe try it. There are a couple of trails and real cool sand dune for guys that may not be on 33's + and locked front and rear. i did see a guy with no lockers run one trail, but he did have 7" of lift and 35's.

Thanks,

Kejtar said:
Yeah.... it's a SoCalXJ event, we're just nice enough to let them advertise here.

So why is it when SoCalXJ is mentioned HERE there is no flames and there is a giant 'welcome' with open arms but when NAXJA is mentioned there.............. :dunno:

I will TRY to make it out there if my junk is ready.

See you out there :wave:

cracker said:
So why is it when SoCalXJ is mentioned HERE there is no flames and there is a giant 'welcome' with open arms but when NAXJA is mentioned there.............. :dunno:

Good question.

Jim?

:gag:

cracker said:
So why is it when SoCalXJ is mentioned HERE there is no flames and there is a giant 'welcome' with open arms but when NAXJA is mentioned there............

I dont know about you guys, but last time i was on the SoCalXJ site on the links page the VERY first link is a link to NAXJA. I dont see any links on NAXJAs site pointing to SoCalXJ.

:hang:

sintax said:
I dont know about you guys, but last time i was on the SoCalXJ site on the links page the VERY first link is a link to NAXJA. I dont see any links on NAXJAs site pointing to SoCalXJ.
That wasn't the point ;)

cracker said:

Well just looking in this thread so far, Everyone's name appears to be RED.

Back