• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

new to xj

awt28

NAXJA Forum User
i inherited a 93 cherokee country when I got married 2 years ago. It has a 4.0, auto and 4 wheel drive with just over 197,000 miles on it.
My question is, where is a good place to get replacement rear springs? The current ones are saging. The dealer wants too much and I don't know if ones from the salvage yard are any good(as they are off a 91). Is JC Whitney a good place?

Also, my steering has about an inch of play in the steering wheel. When I have someone move the steering wheel while I'm looking underneath, the only thing that is really moving is the steering box. Is there a way to adjust it out or do I need to replace it?:confused:

If thier sagging alot for cheaper than new OEM Springs you can get either a 3" AAL it will pick it up and you may need a .75"-1" coil spacer to level it out. Or you can just get a 3" Pack for probably less than New OEM's but them you need to finish off the lift. On the other hand you can pick up a 3" lift with spring packs, and new coils pretty cheap I'd say around $300-$400 and you'd most likely be Ok with only ther stuff in the kit..

Back