• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need honest opinon

homebrew

NAXJA Forum User
How bad are hecthorn 9000 shocks. I just ordered a set. I have about a four inch lift right now running stock shocks. I should see inprovment with the longer hecthorn shocks right???

homebrew said:
How bad are hecthorn 9000 shocks. I just ordered a set. I have about a four inch lift right now running stock shocks. I should see inprovment with the longer hecthorn shocks right???

honest opinion....if your running stock shocks now, anything that is long enough for 4 inches of lift would be a vast improvement.

homebrew said:

wow! i bet your shocks bottom out when you hit a pothole! ripped out your bar pins off road yet? because if you have then any correct length shock is worth it

I havent ripped anything of yet. I do feel them pop when I take of from a stop. I was going to add spacers to the coils but i figured I'd better get longer shocks first. The ride is kinda rough, although I dont know how much of that has to do with my rear leafs being almost completly flat.

homebrew said:
I havent ripped anything of yet. I do feel them pop when I take of from a stop. I was going to add spacers to the coils but i figured I'd better get longer shocks first. The ride is kinda rough, although I dont know how much of that has to do with my rear leafs being almost completly flat.

If your leafs are flat then you must be using blocks amd you need new springs. And yes flat springs don't give much.

I plan on building a pack soon.

Back