• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A new lease on life....

IXNAYXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I picked up my Jeep from Avonteone's shop yesterday after getting a handful of things done to it, in addition finishing up the gears. Now I have a Jeep that is all one color, with a hatch that a) closes, and b) actually locks! My custom "high-clearence" tie-rod has been replaced by a regular one (should help with tire wear!). The engine is now attached on BOTH sides, and not angled 30 degrees and I can even reach fifth gear and reverse now! My "like-a-politician" driveshaft is crooked no longer. And....drum role.....wait for it....it's got a SPOILER! Time to change my username to RicerJeep!

It's like a whole new Jeep!

Thanks to everyone who helped at Gearfest, and especially John for letting us play in his shop. It sure is good seeing his name in red now!

-----Matt-----

Pics???? I want a spoiler too.

It's not a SPOILER per say.. it's the little wind deflector thingy that came on a lot of the XJ's without a rear wiper. The way Matt drives, it won't stay on long anyways :)

J

Avanteone said:
It's not a SPOILER per say.. it's the little wind deflector thingy that came on a lot of the XJ's without a rear wiper. The way Matt drives, it won't stay on long anyways :)

J

In that case, I'd better steal it from him. One of those would be REALLY handy in the ash and dust where I bird hunt. :)

pdxxjnoob said:
Okay, Here's Bea Arthur:
nvxfkz.jpg

Pidgeons:
nvxh7l.jpg

Barney's three proctologists:
nvxi6e.jpg

Duct Tape:
nvxiso.gif

1957 Dodge Coronet:
nvxl45.jpg

El Ka-Bong!:
nvxm4h.jpg

Bowling Shoes:
nvxnoj.gif

Kilroy:
nvxo60.gif

Tim-may!!
nvxpar.jpg

and a Special Sock! :
nvxr15.gif

Matt,

That is wonderful to hear. You might want to take that spoiler off before it rips off your new purdy white tailgate?

I can't wait to get back on the trail. I do have my rear axle back in, just needs brakes bled, oil and wheels back on it. The engine is still in the finishing touches also. I am hoping to get it done so that I can do another snow run this winter!!

Mark, you really have a way of taking us off course :)

Michael

...heh... I lernt it all from a certain Jeepin' Rabbi we all know....

2xtreme said:
Matt,

That is wonderful to hear. You might want to take that spoiler off before it rips off your new purdy white tailgate?

I can't wait to get back on the trail.

Michael
I want to go wheelin' so bad I can taste it--- It doesn't taste that great, but I still want some. I might just have to go up to Tinkham this weekend, or maybe a quick Evans run...hmmmm. Anybody interested?

-----Matt-----

IXNAYXJ said:
I want to go wheelin' so bad I can taste it--- It doesn't taste that great, but I still want some. I might just have to go up to Tinkham this weekend, or maybe a quick Evans run...hmmmm. Anybody interested?

-----Matt-----

I am getting close. I got the push rods in and torqued. I should have the valve cover and rest of the engine back together as well as the axle done within the week. Once it is all back together I need to take it down to my exhaust shop to get a new down pipe made for the new header.

My problem is going to be days available to go. I will look at a calander and pick a day soon!!

Michael

I have been thinking about March 11 to Jacks Pass. Anyone interested???

Too soon for me. Long story, short...

I might not be able to make any snow runs this year. Is there a date set for August and Oregon?

Thanks
Jason

Back