• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help!!!

atreyuBLUEXJ

NAXJA Forum User
k so i went balls out neck wheelin this past weekend for the fun of it. it was tight. but! now my engine is misfiring and it starts fine but wont really do much after that. itll run but occasionally wont shift out of first. im cleaned the whole intake system, gotten the mud out of the box and intake and what not, cleaned the distributor and my throttle body. i dont know what to do. its happened before and ive just cleaned the intake and dried it all out then itd work again, now its just being plain gay. im forced to drive my stupid honda and i dont wanna pay jeep alot of money to fix something i MIGHT be able to do. any thoughts?

check for mud in the distributor, change the plugs, make sure there isn't any mud on the plug wire ends, check battery grounds, check crank position sensor to see if there is mud up on the flywheel or on the sensor, check vaccume lines for cracks or vaccume leaks, change diff fluids if any of the axles were under mud or water for a long time, there are tons of things you can do. Just the symptoms of misfiring isn't much to go off of. But just for that symptom, look into the spark plugs and distributor to see if there was mud in or on them. My suggestion is to just change them anyhow. They are like 10 bucks. My $.02

Back