• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Isuzu Rodeo Axle?

zfinger

NAXJA Forum User
Well on a wheelin trip today we found a 93 Isuzu Rodeo abandoned on the trail. All the windows are broken out and the front bumper is smushed in. A friend who owns some of the property the trail is on said its been there for over a month and her dad and neighbor (Cop) already went out there and reported it. So I'm not sure what the verdict is on it, but if its on her property I may be able to snatch it up.

So, I'm trying to figure out what it has for axles. One site says it has a Dana44 in the rear with limited slip. Now I'm new to the Jeep world and haven't read up to much on axle swaps, but is this axle usable or benificial to me? I assume I would need to mess with brake lines and whatknot. Is it worth pulling out and stripping/salvaging (very easy with a strap, short pull to the road/trailer)?????

it does use a 44 in the rear but the problem is lug pattern.as far as i know you can remove the axles and just replace them with 4.5 or 5 on 5 stud pattern.

i wouldn't touch that vehicle till it is free and cleared by the local police and the original owner.you could be hit with possion of stolen property

Back