• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

excercising the gaskets

riverfever

NAXJA Forum User
About a year ago I installed new radiator, water pump, and all that jazz. Last month I notice just a touch of coolant seeping from the top of the water pump, just below the thermostat housing. It appears to be coming from the water pump under pressure and not the t stat housing. The reservoir level is fine and there's no dripping at all. I'm not planning on fixing this until it warms up. I'm planning on just removing both the pump and the housing and re-doing the gaskets. Is there something dumb I did to not allow the gasket to work? IIRC, I put RTV on both surfaces and then placed the gasket on and then installed.

If they are Mopar gaskets they already have sealant made into them so they don't need any RTV and in some cases RTV makes them not seal. If they are parts store gaskets I usually put just enough RTV on them to hold them while I assemble the parts.

wanacj said:
I replaced same eq. parts from Advance Auto, two months ago. no RTV
no leaks.

29dd301b.jpg

Back