• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Air Horn won't work

Double Down

NAXJA Forum User
Not sure if right area, but here's the deal. Air horn was working great, then it wasn't and couldn't understand why. Everytime I kept pressing horn, just heard the actual compressor working but no sound.

So I looked under the hood and realized...duh...air line wasn't connected to horns.

So after fixing that, now when I press the horn, I just hear a clicking in the right fuse panel on passenger side coming from the big black relay 2nd from the bottom. I replaced and still the same thing.

I checked all fuses and good to go. Is it possible that the relay that came with the air horn and to which it's hooked up to went bad? If so, how to find out.

If it helps, I have a 97 Sport.

Best,

Beebe

My air horn doesn't work either. I press the button and all I get is a regular sounding horn.

Seriously, how is this thing wired up. Sub a known good relay in place of the one that came with the horn. You say the regular horn relay is clicking? IS the air horn wired in the regular horn circuit?

Is there power at the horn. Sound like the circuit (factory horn) is good. Perhaps bad ground judging by the way it just quit.

ehh go on out and make sure that relay IS good. Just because it clicks doesnt mean its working correctly. To do this go out and grab yourself a sexy new multimeter. Test and make sure the correct voltages are being outputted. Hopefully Lou can go ahead and let you know what those should be because i cant remember right now.. :D

Also make sure the fuse is OK. You shouldent be getting a click from the relay if the fuse is bad but hey check her anyway. Should be #11 inside the cabin.

Let us know.

edit: I think i misread this.. was all you did connect the air hose and it stopped? Sounds suspicious... Was there crap inside the hoses? When you initiate an air horn it first sucks air IN and creates a vacume THEN pushes air out at a high pressue... Is there ANY activity at all from the compressor at all? Does it even try?

Last edited:
Back