• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2 H.O. Questions

jeepboy381

NAXJA Forum User
I have allready installed the H.O. engine and head but bolted up the Renix intake so I could get the swap done in time. I have been driving it for months and I know the ports do not line up right so I am going to put the H.O. intake on. So where do I put the vacume line going to the MAP, just any open port? Also can I use the power steering pump off the Renix system or do I have to use the H.O. power steering brackets.

I allready know that I need to alter the TPS, fuel rail mounts, throttle cable, and block off the EGR. Any help appriciated, I am going this swap today!!

The MAP can run off any manifold vac port - I used the one behind the t-body (closest to it). The throtle cable is a direct interchange (just the cable - don't need the pedal)
You do need the fuel lines to the rail - cut on frame rail and use 2 3/8 couplers to join the steel lines.

A RENIX transmission throttle position cable is shorter than a H.O. I swapped a transmission/transfer case from a 89 in to my 94 and had to use the 94 H.O. cable, due to the routing on the throttle body.

yeah I might need to get a HO throttle cable. Does anyone have any idea if the renix non HO power steering pump bracket will bolt to a HO power steering manifold?

I know there are people out there that know the answer to this question? Will my 1987 power steering pump bracket mount on my 1995 H.O. intake?

I've PM you with a link of pic's of my non HO and HO XJ's they sure look the same.

If I remember correctly you will need to use the HO brackets. I think where the bracket attaches to the intake manifold is setup quite different. I'll look at my manifolds sitting in the garage and let you know which way it is when I get home and refresh my memory.

I checked the manifolds I have laying around and you will need to use the HO ps pump brackets. All the writeups seem to say you can reuse your old brackets though. I swapped in a 96 HO into my 89 and needed to use the new brackets. If your going to a boneyard to get the intake, just pull the ps mount and either way you're good to go.

Thanks a million for the info, I have the intake but now i need to go get the steering pump bracket which sucks because I was holding it in my hand when I pulled the intake and I just threw it away. Well I hope there are some H.O.'s in the junk yard.

Back