• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Whats up my SoCal brothers!!!! Trip planning thread....

Matt S.

NAXJA Forum User
I have a need to call onto you interesting SoCalers...

I am considering doing a Panament(sp?) Valley Naxja trip. I have NEVER been there. I am hoping I can cater to the lesser capable vehicles on this trip since I will be in my near stock LJ Rubicon :wierd:

My biggest thing is when the latest you can go is... Heat wise when are we really done wheeling out there? And what about trails? People who know the area?

What do you peeps think?

Matt

Contact Porch Puppy, he lives sorta close. I'd guess that it starts getting pretty warm by late April.

I've only been out there a few times, so I can't say I really know my way around the trails very well. But I would go to an unofficial NAXJA PV weekend, maybe in March or April.

Scrappy said:
I have a need to call onto you interesting SoCalers...

I am considering doing a Panament(sp?) Valley Naxja trip. I have NEVER been there. I am hoping I can cater to the lesser capable vehicles on this trip since I will be in my near stock LJ Rubicon :wierd:

My biggest thing is when the latest you can go is... Heat wise when are we really done wheeling out there? And what about trails? People who know the area?

What do you peeps think?

Matt

Hey Matt,

I know the area pretty well and can help. I camp there about four times a year and have for years.

There is some good stuff in the Panamints and the Argus Range (directly North). You could do a SUV run, a locker/pucker run and a semi run. If staged early enough it could be run out of an old ghost town/AAC.

Hit me back channel for info... I was going to do this very trip for SocalXJ but had to rebuild my rig and it ran into extra innings.

I have to be at a wedding in mid April in Hawaii and the SocalXJ jambo is mid March, how about April 1st area?

Back