• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

93 wont start after creek submerge

RyanM

NAXJA Forum User
[not the main rig-so its been sitting, ive been trying to figure it out]sunk it in a creek, 4.0, 5speed, ran fine for 3 hours in the water, got it out and parked it for a while in the woods, then came back after an hour, she started right up. got it home to fix the destroyd dana 35 spider gears. put the spider gears in, and it wont start. cranks but no start.

replaced: coil, CPS, cap, rotor, wires, plugs are new, and a used computer. still crank no start

then we check the fuses and relays, switch out some new fuses for old ones, nothing. then we put a meter on the wires
no power to the fuel pump and no power to the coil. we are stumped??

i duno if this has anything to do with it but we were upgrading the rear lights and a wire hit the ground and blew the fuse to the brake lights but got it fixed.

Probably not related, but you never know. Try locking and unlocking the doors with the key. Then try starting. My alarm system does that now and then. (most often because someone reaches through the window to unlock the door)

no nss, its a 5speed. would the TPS cause such things like no power to fuel pump nor coil??

States that you already replaced the CPS.
CPS is origin of spark, and the fuel pump is energized by
the ECM once there is spark.
Check CPS connections, Grounds, CPS wiring, Grounds.
When you check for spark, check at coil wire, not at no. 1 cyl.
Did I say "check grounds" enough?

Back