• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AAL Settling--How Long?

Timber

NAXJA Forum User
I know there are no definitive answers, and I searched and looked at those results. I put two-inch, full-length AALs in the rear and they netted about 2.75". After dealing with some minor vibrations, I decided to throw my old M.D.F. storage box back there. Along with that, all of my "everyday emergency" gear, and some extra stuff I threw in just for weight, I have probably 300 pounds in the rear. That brings the rear lift down almost level with the front (2" spacers [which actually measured 2 1/4"] and stock isolators). How long might I have to wait for the springs to settle to a point at which I can remove the majority of this weight?
I am ready to do a t-case drop--I have 1/4" x 1.5" x 6" bar stock that I've drilled, cut, and welded together to make 1/2" spacers for the drop, but I'm waiting until the springs settle. After I put all this weight in, the vibrations lessened quite a bit.

Thoughts?

I have a full leangth rustys 2" AAL on my rear and 2" spacers in the front. My rear looks higher than my front but with little weight it seems to even. I wouldnt try to get it sag before it does on its own. I have had mine in there for more than 8 months and after its initial sag after the first month it has not really moved.

I would wait , and remember it all depends on how you drive and on what.

pete

I have the same weight in mine. The stock spring and aal's did not hold up. It is a 2'' aal with shackle and a 3/4'' block. I hit my bump stops anytime I go over a bump. That is how wore out they got with the weight. I just bought a set of BOR 4'' springs.

Back