• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rustys Rockrails

BlueXJ1013

NAXJA Forum User
I searched and found minimal information on these rockrails. I am thinking about the ones for $279. They seem to be very beefy and have a great mounting system. Does anyone have these or have any opinions on them? I am wondering if the price is worth it. Thanks for the info.

For that money they ain't worth it. You can get a set from AJ ( www.ajsofforad.com ) for nearly $100 less and better quality. Or even better make your own. If you have some basic tools-drill, sawzall, grinder, t-square- you can get all the pieces you need and build them yourself. Then if you know how to weld or someone with a welder then just float them a little cash and have them stick it all together. Right now I am $25 into mine and I just need the 2x4 for the rails which I am getting from a scrap yard cheap.
With less money then I would have spent on a set of rails and 2 bumpers I bought a Lincoln welder. Since then I built my front bumper for $45, will have about $60 in my rails and another $50 for the rear bumper. All total between the welder and metal I will have spent just shy of $600.

If I would have paid $200 for rails and $250 per bumper...well you do the math.

Check out JCR Offroad. www.JCROffroad.com Call and talk to Brian, and he'll treat you right.
I have a set of their Stage 2 rails, and I really like them. I've beat on them pretty hard and their pretty tough. You can't go wrong with their lifetime warranty either.

They make some pretty good stuff, and they are donating a whole heep of raffle items for Winterfest 06'.

Haleyes said:
Check out JCR Offroad. www.JCROffroad.com Call and talk to Brian, and he'll treat you right.
I have a set of their Stage 2 rails, and I really like them. I've beat on them pretty hard and their pretty tough. You can't go wrong with their lifetime warranty either.

They make some pretty good stuff, and they are donating a whole heep of raffle items for Winterfest 06'.

I just ordered a set of Stage 2 sliders from JCR Offroad. Any tips on install? Any problems with install? Do the tubes get in the way getting in and out? That was my only concern about the stage 2, but it was overriden by the extra protection they provide.

Ray H said:
Any tips on install?
It is mucho easier with 2 people and 2 jack stands.

Ray H said:
Any problems with install?
It is mucho easier with 2 people and 2 jackstands.

Ray H said:
Do the tubes get in the way getting in and out?
At first, but you quickly get use to it. The "inconvience" (if you want to call it that) is greatly out weighed by the protection factor. I have door handles and mirrors to prove it.

Ray H said:
That was my only concern about the stage 2, but it was overriden by the extra protection they provide.

Good call on your part, IMHO. You'll be happy with them.

This thread has officially been hi--jacked.:lecture:

Thanks
Thanks
Thanks
and thanks.
Back to our regular scheduled programming.

Back