• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Local Sale Item Forum

Grzz701

NAXJA Forum User
How far are we going to consider local? I'm about as far north as you can be and still be considered a SoCal chapter member. How about those who live in Vegas or even western AZ? I've also sold a few things here to people in the chapter with a little work on the shipping and nobody has ever paid shipping. I'm just asking to find out of there is going to be limits and what they are.
Mark

I figure if it's less than half a days drive time, it should be local. . . I have no problem driving to Az, or Nv to pick up a good part at a good deal. . ..

Grzz701 said:
How far are we going to consider local? I'm about as far north as you can be and still be considered a SoCal chapter member. How about those who live in Vegas or even western AZ? I've also sold a few things here to people in the chapter with a little work on the shipping and nobody has ever paid shipping. I'm just asking to find out of there is going to be limits and what they are.
Mark

I would assume the standard boundaries for the SoCal bunch :dunno:

SoCal Chapter boundaries are:
North- City of Bakersfield
South- California/Mexico Border
West- Pacific Ocean
East- California Border

The idea I believe is to
1. allow the for sale items have exposure for a while without the btt to keep 'em current
2. allow local folks to sell items to local folks without having to post in the for sale forum

True, that not everyone's concept of local is created equal.
1. local for sale forum isn't meant to have items posted by folks from back east (unless they are physically present in SoCal)
2. local for sale forum isn't meant for commercial purposes
3. if an item is posted in another local for sale forum (another area) I will probably throw it out of this one (exception would be some border folks or the ability for the item to be delivered to SoCal or something else)....

Anyways rules for now (will iron out a better set and sticky them in there shortly):
1. Use your judgement
2. If question arises, ask

Thanks Remi. I just know that there are a few of us on the borders of the chapter area that do sell some stuff.

Avery be nice or I take back my endorsment. :kissyou:
Mark

Rules will be whatever the local chapter officers make them. If no one minds the occasional for sale post on the regular chapter forum, then there is no need for a seperate f/s forum.

Goatman said:
Rules will be whatever the local chapter officers make them. If no one minds the occasional for sale post on the regular chapter forum, then there is no need for a seperate f/s forum.
it's not that anyone minds, it's just the convenience to the sellers of them not scrolling off the first page with other posts pushing them off.

Back