• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Power steering pump interchange

BIGSLVRXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Will the newer style power steering pumps fit on Renix XJs? I would like to use a much newer one from like an '01 since there are several in the junkyards here. I've heard both ways that they all will interchange between 87-01 and that they won't. Does anyone know for sure? Help is much appreciated.
-Collin

got a newer one on mine but your replacing the hoses with it cuzz the plumbing is diff

wilcharl said:
got a newer one on mine but your replacing the hoses with it cuzz the plumbing is diff
So what just grab both the hoses that go to the box as well? What year did you put on?

4xBob said:
The steering pump has a different mount from the Renix to the HO engines- not sure if the pump itself is any different- the hoses have a different style seal in them as well.
Can anyone else elaborate?

Either way you go think about getting new hoses. They are not expensive and a blown hose could ruin your day.

i have a 91 on my 88 any year will work the hoses are differnt on the pump end (differnt length) grab the hoses too... look at my post on zj boxes for pix

wilcharl said:
any year will work the hoses are differnt on the pump end (differnt length) grab the hoses too...
That's all I needed, thanks wilcharl and everyone else.

Back