• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pre built cages

Tweeder Style

NAXJA Forum User
i wanta built a cage i just dont have a tube bender and welder and all the sweet tools cause im still young but i want a inside roll cage can u guys help me get started and point me in the right direction

tweeder

Unfortunately...

Most of the cages worth buying involve welding pre-bent pieces inside your rig...

Don't know of any completely bolt-in kits worth investing in...

Another option is to buy a kit and pay someone to install it for you

Rockhard 4x4 has a pretty nice bolt in cage. You can also add on to the cage piece by piece if you like. The only problem is you have to get it powdercoated yourself, or have it painted another way.

I just finished putting a D and C cage in my buddys XJ. Wasn't too bad, only took me 4 hours to put it in start to finish. I did weld it but it was done with a crappy flux core welder( all we had acess to). I have done custom cages before and I'll tell you that the D and C cage is one hell of a cage and its cheap to boot. Spend the extra money and get it welded in. If you want you could bring it down to Knoxville and I would be more than willing to help ya out.

rredalty said:
I just finished putting a D and C cage in my buddys XJ. Wasn't too bad, only took me 4 hours to put it in start to finish. I did weld it but it was done with a crappy flux core welder( all we had acess to). I have done custom cages before and I'll tell you that the D and C cage is one hell of a cage and its cheap to boot. Spend the extra money and get it welded in. If you want you could bring it down to Knoxville and I would be more than willing to help ya out.

The D & C cage is nice. My friend is a good welder and he welded it in for me. I love having a cage. Now I just have to go out and have some fun on the rocks...If I roll then off with the top. :laugh3:

Troy

I did the D and C cage and my buddy welded it in, i highly approve of it, but if u can have him send you extra HREW pipe so u can do some extra triangulating, i didnt do it and now that its all painted and looking pretty in there, i dont know if i want to.

Back