• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gearfest pics...?

Camera went Ka-put... I have to move the Secure Digital card to a reader I have... Should have something (hopefully) tonight or tomorrow.

Alright... this is only about 1/2 of them. The rest are either blurred or just plain corrupt. Took me 1/2 the night getting these pumped off the camera and reconstructed. Camera took a tumble into a puddle.

ndx8g0.jpg

I'll try narrative to the best as I can - First: Hans brings in his PURDY SHINYs

Front:
ndx54h.jpg

Left to right, Michael, Hans, Jim (background right) and Joe - preliminary discussion. Did he really say righty tighty?
ndx4xu.jpg

Rear - Chrysler 8.25 with that funky stop sign ground off (Nice work there, Hans!)
ndx5bo.jpg

John is on the lookout while Phil (right) switches Matt's coffee with Folgers Coffee Crystals (Think he'll notice?).
ndx5l2.jpg

Michael pops the cover and finds teeth missing... (Center of photo)
ndx62r.jpg

Work begins on Matts rig
ndx6cw.jpg

ndx6k9.jpg

ndx6q0.jpg

Hans has to bang out the old parts
ndx820.jpg

ndx89e.jpg

Walter has a bunch of help too!
ndx8k6.jpg

ndx8p0.jpg

GI John working on Matt's rig
ndx8wj.jpg

Michael had a problem with the Detroit he bought. Ended up getting a "lunchbox" from John (Avanteone).
ndx928.jpg

ndx9b9.jpg

This is a great time to have people around to watch for the springs if/when they pop out.
ndx9q0.jpg

ndx9vn.jpg

Gravity is your friend, right Mike?
ne69m9.jpg

ne69tk.jpg

and it just seems like this is all Hans could do all morning...(I couldn't resist :D)
ne6a1e.jpg

ne6a3a.jpg

That's all the pictures I could get and I left before lunch. Hopefully. John's came out better.

Edit: Matt, I have bigger versions of these if you want them for writeup, ok?

Last edited:
I'm still finding ring & pinions scattered all over the shop :)

Anybody find an extra 10mm ratcheting wrench in their tools? I'm missing one but I THINK it was gone before the wrenchfest.

J

on a missing tools note, i seem to have left my 1/2" Stanley socket driver there. yeah, i know it's not snap on or anything special but it's been with me thru the last 4 cars i've owned and subsequently had to work on.

trainwrexj said:
on a missing tools note, i seem to have left my 1/2" Stanley socket driver there. yeah, i know it's not snap on or anything special but it's been with me thru the last 4 cars i've owned and subsequently had to work on.

I don't see a 1/2" drive here, but I'll keep looking.

Whoever has COMPANION tools, I have a 13mm socket, 5/8" wrench, straight drive socket, 1/4" drive screwdriver handle here.

J

Avanteone said:
I don't see a 1/2" drive here, but I'll keep looking.

Whoever has COMPANION tools, I have a 13mm socket, 5/8" wrench, straight drive socket, 1/4" drive screwdriver handle here.

J

yeah uh those are mine too... that garbage set is actually my roommates, which i brought because my nice set was locked in my dad's garage and i had no way to get to it since he was out of town.

i can paypal you some $ for postage if you don't mind throwing them into a box. catch me on PM or whatevr.

Back