• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3/4 ton chevy leaves

woody431

NAXJA Forum User
I picked up a free set of 3/4 ton chevy leaves, measure 56" from eye to eye. From my reading at the PBB, its the 1/2 tons that have the 63''ers. Ive been toying with the idea of putting these on my XJ once Im in the progress of my axle swap. I ordered a set of 6.5" coils, and using a HP44 front, so the coil bucket might be giving me another inch or so, just didnt know if it'd be worth using these chevy leaves, gain a little bit more wheelbase as well.

I plan on getting rid of the tank and putting in a fuel cell so I can cut more out of the rear. I know what it'd take to mount these, but I just didn't know if it'd be worth it, or if they would give me any lift. The only reason Im asking is because they were free and they are just sitting in my shop.

TIA.

spring rate will be wayyyy too stiff......

you might be able to use one leaf from them to replace 2 middle leaves in a softer xj style spring.

Yeah, that was in the back of my mind, since the XJ ways so much less than a 3/4 ton truck...Hmm, back to the drawing board.

What about using the main leaf from the chevys and using xj/s10 springs underneath? The widths are different though..

I run the chevy 63's. i have 3 leaves and took out the overload. not too stiff. they are great on the road and flex awesome off road. i even pulled 3 tons on my trailer no problem with my cherokee.

Thats a pretty popular swap(the 63" leafs with one taken out) with the toyota guys from what i gather too and i know they dont weigh anymore than an XJ. My pops runs that on the back of his yota and the flex is AMAZING!

Back