• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A gallon of Olive Drab Paint...

Andy in Pa.

NAXJA Member #180
Anyone want it? I have had it sitting around for a while. I don't think I'll ever use it. I am not sure if it is even still good, but if someone wants it I can deliver it at Nac-Fest or we can meet up locally somewhere.

Thanks,
Andy

Andy, it should be fine as long as it wasnt allowed to freeze up. It has a good shelf life.

To answer for Andy...

It's Gillespie Coatings paint, it is milspec code. It's the early WWII light flat OD. Gillespie Coatings paint code is 319. I believe you can see a color chart of it at www.armyjeepparts.com

It's the same color i'll be painting my XJ. I'll be using a semi gloss clear coat to keep the dirt out of it and darkening the color over time.

I'll take it if noone local wants it prior to NACFest. I plan on being there, or being square. How far does a gallon go with regard to painting a vehicle?

Good question, I'm not sure. I'm glad to hear your coming out to Nac-Fest with a Jeep this time though!! John?? Here is another one for you...

Andy

Used sparingly a gallon can cover an XJ.

Mark, search for Olive Drab or something. Another local guy posted a short while ago that a gallon got him through his respray using Gillespie paint.

I'll be using two gallons, want a nice thick coat.

Mark...you could always swing by AJP when you come out this way and grab another gallon..and avoid the UPS Hazmat charges. I'd pick it up for ya, but wont be going to NAC-Fest afterall. Maybe Chris, Ben or someone else local?

Back