• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

driveshaft length question

most of the jeeps i have seen have the same ds length . 2door 4 door auto ect. i think its 27 inches (just the shaft) i know the d 44 housing is longer than the 35 but i dont know how much longer .

I can tell you that a driveshaft from an 87 with AW4 and D35 is 5/8" longer than a driveshaft from a '95 with AW4 and 8.25 axle. The D44 pinion is about the same length as the 8.25, so that's about what you're looking at.

I'm not shure what im stepping into but a quick reference is to measure the distance between the pinion yoke off the t-case to the pinion yoke off the differential of the vehicle your trying to conclude this question to?????????

thanks eagle thats what i wanted to know . i am running a 6 inch lift and i have a 44 rear and a 35 drive shaft . the slip yoke is allmost compleatly inside the t case . and i have alot of vibes even with the 1 in t case drop

Back