• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tire selection help...

themangeraaad

NAXJA Forum User
I am more or less down to 2 choices... I have a 4.0 5 speed 2 dr, with a 3 in lift, I plan to regear to 4.10s and I have got down to either 31x10.50 trxus mts or 31x12.50 SSRs. Either of these on rock crawler rims with sufficient backspacing. Out of personal choice or experience, anyone have recomendations between the 2 or other similar choices?
Scott

What kind of wheeling are you doing? I personally prefer 10.5's but that's for the terrain i drive in and the benefit of not straining the drivetrain as much with my stock axles. If i did all rocks and mud i'd go wide.

well, i do some rocks, but mostly woods paths, which tend to involve a decent amount of mud. I know that narrower tires woud be beneficial for woods, but im in the debate because its about a 50 50 split between mud and woods.

I have the 31x10.50 TRXUS
I think they are great on the rocks and mud,I have run them for few months so far I am very impressed

If the 12.50 fit, I would run them. I'm not a hundred percent sure they would though. It would help out on the sand that we ran all summer...
-Steve

Back