• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

taking wiring from a 2wd into a 4wd?

My guess is that the harnesses are the same. The accessories may vary between models, but the connectors for missing accessories are probably there, just not used. As an example, If the '91 4X had a disconnect axle, then there is probably a jack and an associated wire running from the 4X vacuum switch (located on the passenger side fender near the firewall) to the dash "4wheel drive" light. On the 2 wheel drive version, the vacuum switch would not be mounted, but the wire and jack should be there.

I took apart a 2-door and my recollection is that it did not have connectors for the rear door light switches. Of course my base model 4 door doesn't have rear door switches anyway. Not a big loss. I don't think there's really anything else different between the two. All the other options for lighting, etc. are the same.

When i converted my 2wd to 4wd the only harness that i had to carry over was the tranny/tcase harness..so based on that i would say that probably everything else is the same.

pete

Back