• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4.5 rustys lift Q's

I having a rustys kit myself do beleive that is a very decent lift. The 4.5" kit also comes with everything you need. Are you going to install this yourself or pay somone to do it?

This also belongs in the modified tech discussion forum not OEM.

Welcome to NAXJA

i have a rustys 4.5 on my xj very pleased with it only problem i had was he said i wouldn t need a sye i did igot such bad drive line vibes ididn t want to drive it took care of that problem and love it now its a 4.5 longarm buy rustys

Jason79 said:
i have a rustys 4.5 on my xj very pleased with it only problem i had was he said i wouldn t need a sye i did igot such bad drive line vibes ididn t want to drive it took care of that problem and love it now its a 4.5 longarm buy rustys

no way rusty would tell you an sye would not be needed.. ive spoken with the guy many many times and i tell you he knows his stuff.

on all lifted XJs an sye is recomended on any size lift. a tcase drop is a bandaid. Even without vibes, sye and cv is deffinatly the way to go.

i got a rustys 4.5 and its pretty good. I would recomend getting the heavy duty trac bar with the new frame bracket, and make sure you really tighten the axel end of the trac bar to torque specs, otherwise you will create problems for yourself down the road. I put t-case spacers and i had very litle vibes with the 4.5 without the sye, but i ended up putting a sye on anyway as soon as i could afford it. But really, whats the point in asking if its a good lift if you already bought it? I will say that IMHO rustys shocks suck and they rust really fast. I would also consider getting adjustable uppers and lowers which will aid alignments, and caster and will help prevent DW.

I have the Rusty's 4.5" lift, haven't installed it yet but it looks good and I've heard good things about it. I also bought the SYE kit and the control arms for stock wheels until I can get some ProComp rims

helix said:
no way rusty would tell you an sye would not be needed.. ive spoken with the guy many many times and i tell you he knows his stuff.

on all lifted XJs an sye is recomended on any size lift. a tcase drop is a bandaid. Even without vibes, sye and cv is deffinatly the way to go.
DON T want to make him sound like a bad dude. I called him with the problem.He cut me a break on the sye and tom woods shaft $400

Jason79 said:
buy the way he did tell me.ALL i would need is a tcase drop. still happy with his stuff

thats wrong. I know the guy, he wouldent say that.

:D

Last edited:
Back