• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Calico INFO

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
Lineup Sat and Sun @ 8am in front of the bunkouse. Trails will be announced at that time.

Btw, standard trail equipment is required (I'll post the list in a short bit) for all vehicles running any trails on any of the NAXJA events.
Safety Belts for all occupants
Battery Mount in acceptable condition
Tow Strap (no metal hooks) or Winch
Tow Point - Front in acceptable condition
Tow Point - Rear in acceptable condition
First Aid Kit
Fire Extinguisher
Spare
Jack
Lug Wrench
All of the above items will be inspected, so if you're missing something you have almost a week to take care of it.

Last edited:
Kejtar said:
All of the above items will be inspected, so if you're missing something you have almost a month to take care of it.

Really. By my calendar its next weekend. :wstupid:

Mike R

and remi will inspect! after the battery incident at moab 2 years ago. sorry remi! trying to make it to calico. right now my arb compressor it leaking so i'm trying to get it up and running. i may just have to do the easy loops.

mikeyl said:
and remi will inspect! after the battery incident at moab 2 years ago. sorry remi! trying to make it to calico. right now my arb compressor it leaking so i'm trying to get it up and running. i may just have to do the easy loops.
Actually I think you just volunteered to do them ;)

Kejtar said:
Lineup Sat and Sun @ 8am in front of the bunkouse. Trails will be announced at that time.

Where is the bunkhouse? I am going to try to make it, but it still looks like a no. I just want to know where just in case.

Thanks,

rpraterxj said:
Where is the bunkhouse? I am going to try to make it, but it still looks like a no. I just want to know where just in case.

Thanks,
It's right next to the asphalt road right next to the big sculpture of the miner.

Kejtar said:
Lineup Sat and Sun @ 8am in front of the bunkouse...

Trying to make it a bit more of a challange for __________to be late?

:sunshine:

I thought that this year we were all going to line up in front of the Ramada?

rpraterxj said:

Thanks,
Kejtar said:
It's right next to the asphalt road right next to the big sculpture of the miner.

You mean right next to the dumpstation. :)

camp1.jpg

Kejtar said:

50 yards past the WWR sign.

:wave:

this is a duplicate post, because i would really like a reply, Thanks

i am leaveing sandiego at around 5 or 6 pm on friday nite,, with an un tried trailer, so expect me there some where around 10 or 11 pm, ( mabi later ) i dont know how to get there after i get to barstow could some one PM me with some details?

TIA

steagall9301 said:
this is a duplicate post, because i would really like a reply, Thanks

i am leaveing sandiego at around 5 or 6 pm on friday nite,, with an un tried trailer, so expect me there some where around 10 or 11 pm, ( mabi later ) i dont know how to get there after i get to barstow could some one PM me with some details?

TIA
http://www.calicotown.com/

steagall9301 said:
i dont know how to get there after i get to barstow could some one PM me with some details?

Shortly after you pass the interchange with the I-40, you'll see the exit for Ghost Town Road. Exit there and turn left, heading north. Follow the road for a couple of miles and it will curve to the right. Shortly after the curve, you'll see the entrance to Calico Ghost Town on your left. Turn into the driveway and follow it up to the kiosk. Stay to the right, heading towards sections A,B, C etc.. The bunkhouse will be on your right. Look for all the XJs.

Andy Steiner said:
Shortly after you pass the interchange with the I-40, you'll see the exit for Ghost Town Road. Exit there and turn left, heading north. Follow the road for a couple of miles and it will curve to the right. Shortly after the curve, you'll see the entrance to Calico Ghost Town on your left. Turn into the driveway and follow it up to the kiosk. Stay to the right, heading towards sections A,B, C etc.. The bunkhouse will be on your right. Look for all the XJs.
Andy, the bunkhouse is off the main road and you don't turn into the driveway that leads to the kiosk.

Back