• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

adj ca's

phurealdeaux

NAXJA Forum User
i'm looking to get upper and lower adj control arms. searched the subject and found many of you don't like rusty's but, haven't said why. bad product, poor fit, customer service, breakages? the budget is tight and, i'd like to get the full picture before buying junk or unneccessarily (sp) spending too much for overengineered product....

any help would be appreciated

phurealdeaux

'95 xj

fram airhawg
custom exh (banks tt + dynomax cat + gibson cat back)

d30/d35 stock
np231 stock

rusty's 180# 3" kit (act. ~ 5" at present)
rro adj track bar (still waiting, stinkin' rro!)
jks quicker disco's
energy suspension swaybar bushings
30x9.5 bfg at's

phurealdeaux said:
i'm looking to get upper and lower adj control arms. searched the subject and found many of you don't like rusty's but, haven't said why. bad product, poor fit, customer service, breakages? the budget is tight and, i'd like to get the full picture before buying junk or unneccessarily (sp) spending too much for overengineered product....

any help would be appreciated

phurealdeaux

'95 xj

fram airhawg
custom exh (banks tt + dynomax cat + gibson cat back)

d30/d35 stock
np231 stock

rusty's 180# 3" kit (act. ~ 5" at present)
rro adj track bar (still waiting, stinkin' rro!)
jks quicker disco's
energy suspension swaybar bushings
30x9.5 bfg at's

Well, you could get away with stock uppers right now and get just the lowers for now to get your castor back. Then get the uppers later when you can afford it. Or email DC4WD and get upper and lower BDS arms, they are reasonably priced, good quality and have a lifetime gaurantee; you break it, they replace it.

honestly.. i am extremely happy with every single one of my rustys products. I allways call the guy directly and talk to him about what i need. Awsome customer service, fast, somtimes free upgraded shipping. I love their poducts and i will continue to buy from him.

:party:

i have rustys lowers on one of my rigs, i just think there stock bushings wear out faster than the other adj ca. I have a rubicon express long arm kit on my other cherokee and i love those things, definately worth the money and i know its not and apples to apples comparison, but i really like RE bushings and CA, i would also consider full traction or rock krawler adj ca.

Never had a issue with rusty's stuff on my rig. You might check out TnT customs as well. they build products that can only be described in one word. STRONG

I have not had good luck from Rusty's. It took less then a month to blow out the bushings in my LCAs. All I got from Rusty's was a spare bushing when in reality I need a new arm since the hole was wallowed out.

The other item I had trouble with was my leaf springs. I blew one of the retainer clips doing nothing but road driving in under a month as well. When I called and asked for a replacemment, all I got was 2 spring retainers for free rather than a replacement. I have been through about 6 since then and I plan on changing my rear packs with my LCAs...straight into the trash!

What makes me mad is the lack of CS I got from them. I won't do biz with them or recommend them to anybody again.

GirlScout1 said:
I have not had good luck from Rusty's. It took less then a month to blow out the bushings in my LCAs. All I got from Rusty's was a spare bushing when in reality I need a new arm since the hole was wallowed out.

The other item I had trouble with was my leaf springs. I blew one of the retainer clips doing nothing but road driving in under a month as well. When I called and asked for a replacemment, all I got was 2 spring retainers for free rather than a replacement. I have been through about 6 since then and I plan on changing my rear packs with my LCAs...straight into the trash!

What makes me mad is the lack of CS I got from them. I won't do biz with them or recommend them to anybody again.

they actually changed their design about 2 1/2 months ago to the OEM rubber style bushing type. On their customer service i am nothign but impressed. Eeach time ive had to call them, no issues and ive hung up only satisfied.

Ive only ever heard one ONE JKS LCA bending...

and they replaced it with no questions asked...

www.jksmfg.com

Back