• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

'89 fuse problem

cykaaro

NAXJA Forum User
Seems my '90 will need an engine rebuild, so have decided to get the '89 on the road first before that will happen.

The engine for it is in amazing shape actually. No noise problems except the valve cover leaking. The issue is it won't start. We did get it to, but won't again. We've troubleshoot it to know that there's a wiring issue with the fuse block. I've been told I just need to switch it out, but the problem is, I have no idea how to get the thing out, and can't find a write up on how to do it. I know that you can undo the two screws from inside, which gives you very minimal room for pulling the front part out a bit, but how do you get the whole thing out to be able to replace it? Am a loss and don't want to screw mine up worse than it is. Can't get the build going on it until I get the thing running!

On the '90 have a low compression problem, so it will need to be rebuilt or drop a rebuilt engine in. One question about it I have is, I know the oil pan is leaking on the passenger side somewhat. WOuld this cause lower compression as well besides the rings and valves? Just trying to see what I can do to keep it going until I get the '89 done and on the road.

TIA

There's a 1/4" head screw on the outside in the middle of the wire bundle that holds the outside part to the inside part. With that bolt out the outside unplugs from the inside and the inside will then come down after the two bolts holding it are removed. I don't know how to get the wires out of it to replace it though.

JoBo

Back