• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

odb trouble code interpretation

Dark93

NAXJA Forum User
I pulled 2 codes from my 93 ....12 and 41...(12)Memory standby power lost...(41)Charging system excess or lack of field or current. These code explanations are far too cryptic. Does anybody possess the knowledge to get me started on the actual remedy.

12 is a "nothin" code...........but the other one is from your alternator(i think)...........which isnt working correctly or stable enough.............you could take it out and get it tested for free at autozone and go from there

Autozone tested the alt. with some funky machine. (Not your normal voltmeter)
Showing 30 amps. I have to replace it. Does anyone know where to get a better alternator. I read somewhere that the alt. out of a 97-98 dodge truck, Durango, grand cherokee. fits a 4.0 . The output was said to be 134 amps vs. my stock alt. output of around 90? Can anyone confirm? The guy said that he has had no problems during the 6 mo. post install. Thanks for any replies.

Back