• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bad CPS= injectors not pulsing?

natep1

NAXJA Forum User
I have check my FSM and searched without luck.
After replacing the rod bearings my XJ won't start (2K).
The only electrical item I touched was the cam position sensor and I have quadruple checked it (has 5v, and I reset it to FSM specs)
I have checked and there is no spark and the injectors are not pulsing.
I hooked up my injector tester and they(injectors) were fine and there is plenty of fuel pressure.
Eveything I have checked points to the Crank sensor but it makes no mention of it affecting the injectors.
TIA for the help.
Nathan

Only a couple of things will cause no spark. A camshaft position sensor is not one of them. The crankshaft position sensor can cause the problem. Double check all fuses. Plug and unplug the CPS connector. Your problem is best troubleshot as a no spark problem, not an injector problem.

Thanks for reply.
I have checked everything several times.
I figured the CPS was toast, it is the original 95k unit and has seen some abuse.
The fuses were a treat to check (hence my post listing all the fuse locations/functions).

Back