• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

warn hubs on my hp30

RyanM

NAXJA Forum User
didnt find what i wanted on search. i was wondering who has done this swap themselves and anything they should highlight on an install. from what ive read the warn instructions are very good. i just want any heads up. i really despise the OEM hubs. basically my rig is more of a DD mall crawler. it does see the trails, but not too much rock here and im a pussy foot on it. i just want to lock the front and not worry about front driveline wear, steering messups, front driveshaft angles (9'' lift) , goin 75mph to get to the trails on the highway etc. thanks

D30/44 4.88 detroit-rear

Very easy install. The directions are spot on. The hardest part is finding a machine shop that can open up your rotor hole to clear the new hubs. I ended up just buying a set already bored out from cleamson offroad.

i REALLY dont like that kit

a) its expensive, $800 i think
b) its weak, warn only rates it for 32" tires
c) you can narrow a 44 for less, have it be stronger, and never have to worry about it

tealcherokee said:
i REALLY dont like that kit

a) its expensive, $800 i think
b) its weak, warn only rates it for 32" tires
c) you can narrow a 44 for less, have it be stronger, and never have to worry about it

:huh: Not true Warn only warrenties them for up to 32" tires. Ive been running my 5x4.5 Warn hub kit with 35's and locked for 5 years on the rocks with no problems at all.
I d like to see where you can properly set up a D44 for the front of an xj for less than $800.00 :looney:

Good kit, agreed.

For most running 33's or under it is an effective way to reduce wear on the front end (full float), create an outside weak link (purposely) with the hub fuse that can be replaced on trail with minimal time and effort (and dough) AND eliminate a non-servicable unit bearing hub to something that can be serviced.

We've put in a couple on the group's rigs running 35's without issue.

DaffyXJ said:
Charlotesville VA? Not much rocks there? Check out www.xjsrule.com

lol, when i said that, i had the west and colorado in the back of my mind. it was a comparison, def. alot of rocks. i want to get my rig fully DONE (axles lockers skids diffyguards. etc. before i go out and break something.

thanks guys

shelbyluvv said:
Very easy install. The directions are spot on. The hardest part is finding a machine shop that can open up your rotor hole to clear the new hubs. I ended up just buying a set already bored out from cleamson offroad.
-Yea im going to pay the extra money and get the full cast rotors from RUSTY, they come machined ready to go!

one more thing while the threads alive.

willmy AR 767 rims fit over the hub, and does it space the front out an 1"

was reading the LUVMYJP green Xj's stuff from bigoffroad, and he said he had to drill out his TJrims and has 1'' spacer rear.

The Ar 767 rims will fit no problem,thats what i run and yes 1" wider per side on the front. I put spidertrax spacers in the rear and it worked out perfect.

skyjackedxj96 said:
one more thing while the threads alive.

willmy AR 767 rims fit over the hub, and does it space the front out an 1"

was reading the LUVMYJP green Xj's stuff from bigoffroad, and he said he had to drill out his TJrims and has 1'' spacer rear.

Yup the TJ rims are drilled...makes them a bitch to balance, don't do that. I am running 1" spacer on the rear...only to clear the 12.50s on the leafs though. The front is only set out .25"(I think, maybe .75") with that hub conversion.

Back