• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cluster swap odometer question (searched)

dirtdogger17

NAXJA Forum User
hey guys..i'm finally doing the cluster swap and ditching my idiot lights on my 95 sport..she only has 112k on her and the odometer from the 92 unit im swapping in has 127k on it..i know its not a big deal for most guys, but i want to get it back to 112k JUST in case i ever sell it..i doubt it'll happen, but my dad's still the owner and i just want the true miles on it..if it was a cable driven unit id drill it back but its electronic..where can i have this done legally/semi-legally?..i was thinking maybe the stealership but if anyone has any thoughts lemme know..

also thought of having a notary sign it off..?

thanks much

you can actualy take the spedometer and odomiter units out and switch them from one cluster to another...

experiment with the idiot light unit...

dirtdogger17 said:
i liked your write-up by the way..very nice

thanks

dirtdogger17 said:
hey guys..i'm finally doing the cluster swap and ditching my idiot lights on my 95 sport..she only has 112k on her and the odometer from the 92 unit im swapping in has 127k on it..i know its not a big deal for most guys, but i want to get it back to 112k JUST in case i ever sell it..i doubt it'll happen, but my dad's still the owner and i just want the true miles on it..if it was a cable driven unit id drill it back but its electronic..where can i have this done legally/semi-legally?..i was thinking maybe the stealership but if anyone has any thoughts lemme know..

also thought of having a notary sign it off..?

thanks much

Drive it 15 miles, then do the swap.

dirtdogger17 said:
hey guys..i'm finally doing the cluster swap and ditching my idiot lights on my 95 sport..she only has 112k on her and the odometer from the 92 unit im swapping in has 127k on it..i know its not a big deal for most guys, but i want to get it back to 112k JUST in case i ever sell it
Follow 90Pioneer's writeup. I just did it two weeks ago, and it took all of thirty seconds to roll the odometer 22,000 miles after I got the c-clip off.

Haleyes said:
Drive it 15 miles, then do the swap.

Would this not work??

dirtdogger17 said:
sweet..what year was yours though
Mine's a 90, but I'd assume that you should still be able to remove the odometer assembly and roll it back. You can always take apart your old cluster first, just to make sure that it's possible before you tear apart your new one.

dirtdogger17 said:
dude, k is 1000...

112k is 112,000....127k is 127,000........if i drove another 15,000 miles it would work..........................................................but im not waiting that long

:doh: I know what "k" is for, I guess I just kept overlooking it!!

Ever seen "Ferris Buhler's day off??:D

I'm a doofus.

Back