• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need the size for the rear upper shock bolts

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
GRRR I knew I had it written down (or actually I had an email with the size saved someplace from before) but as life has it when you need it, you can't find it.... so anyways, does anyone remember what's the size and thread pitch for the rear upper bar bin bolt?

Thanks
Remi aka Kejtar

Did you ever get that bolt size?

Called a Jeep dealer and the only thing they could tell me was the Mopar PN J4200089.

That was actually a question. What is the screw size?

Thnx

Jef... that's the size of the crossmember bolts! Those were I think 3/8".... I think... unfortunately I can't find anywehre where I wrote that down :(

Kejtar

Jeep'nD said:
For the record, the scew/bolt is 5/16 x 18.

That would be VERY SURPRISING, since vitually ALL OEM hardware on an XJ is METRIC.

Yeah, some miscellaneous fasteners in the interior are SAE, but all the chassis stuff and engine hardware I have ever touched was ALL METRIC.:confused:

Well, when I called around, dealers don't stock it typically. They also cannot tell you what the measurements are. Like I said, I guaged it, and it fit the teeth. I went wheelin' this weekend and the shocks are still in there, anti-seize and all. Also, I used a 9/16 inch socket to get 'em on/off.

P.S. I got my Grade 8 replacements at Home Depot as well.

Depending on the year:

5/16" course thread

or

8mm X 1.5 thread ( usually newer years)

mark
orgs mfg

Back