• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Emissions control code 455

rsliman

NAXJA Forum User
I got code 455 " large leak has been detected in the evaporative system".... what does this mean... what do i need to fix??

i believe the evaporitive system is the sysytem that recycles evaporized fuel. I would check the vac lines that run from the tank to the engine bay aswell as the charcoal canister and its lines.

pete

There'a a pump or something on the firewall near where the AC pipes go in. It has a cable and a couple of hoses going to it. Normally it should pulsate and you should be able to feel it. It's for venting the fuel tank. On my 99 it even has a port with a small tag telling you the pressure reading. My 96 also had one but I don't remember the test port.

JoBo

First guess-Gas cap has been my reason for p0455. New dealer cap. Maybe some dielectric on seal around cap( dielectric used for Al wiring).

Back