• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lift, and tires.

Meeks

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 6.5" lift sitting in my basement.. and I am about to order tires. I know I can easily clear 33" tires with this ammount of lift.. I also know, if I want to clear 35" tires, I can trim my fenders.. but, I am not a fan of that look. I know Rustys flares, will give me enough clearance.. but they are weak.

Will bushwackers give the same ammount of clearance? Or, do they just cover wider tires? Their webpage is so vauge. I love the look of bushwacker flares, and was thinking of getting them anyways-- but if I can clear 35" tires with them.. I want to order them first.

Bushwacker flaires will give you tons of room. Even 4-1/2" lift with them would probably clear 35's fairly well. Just get the flares on and then cut the leftover metal in the front. Be careful in the back that you don't seperate the inner/outer sheet metal at the welds.

Troy

You'll have plenty of room with 6.5 inches and the flares. I run 5 inches of lift, bushwackers, and 35's with no problem.

Thanks guys very much.. I have been worried about clearance ever since I hit -- order on that 6.5" lift. I was worried I should have just sucked it up and went with the 8".. ;) But well.. I didn't want any larger than 35s in the first place.

Meeks said:
I can trim my fenders.. but, I am not a fan of that look. I know Rustys flares, will give me enough clearance.. but they are weak.

Will bushwackers give the same ammount of clearance?
You do know that you will have to trim the fenders still, right? The flares do not give more clearnace by themselves :D

Obviously.. :D Its just I don't like the look of naked trimmed fenders.. and I swear, some of these guys can make it look like stock-- but mine would look like I cut them with a hack saw.. prolly-- cuz I would have to use one.. ;)

i would put your lift on first before ordering tires, just to see where you're at with height, and if you want to cut the fenders. it's better to take it one step at a time.

Thats pretty good advice, but its my daily driver.. and I don't have much cash. I don't wanna be 6.5" in the air, with my piddly little stockers for months at a time.. ;)

But what you say does make sense-- I should buy all the parts I need, like the slipyoke, and the driveshaft.. save up till I have enough money for the tires.. then throw the lift on, and size it.. so I know whats going on...

Thats what I am going to do.. danka.

Back